Travel Promo

August 26, 2009

First Meeting

i just got home. my bf together with his parents took me home. im so nervous during the 20min. drive from san fernando to sta rita. maybe because this is the first time that his family will meet my family. there were so many things in my thoughts... i dnt know what to expect. we were all silent during the ride. as if everyone's filled with thought. when we reach home, i invited them for a cup of brewed coffee. i thought they will refuse my offer. then his mom slid off the car. i went to my mom's room announcing that his parents were waiting in the living room. imagine my mom's reaction.... shock is an understatement. then my sisters burst: "namamanhikan na sila?" (pamamanhikan is a Filipino tradition where the man and his parents visit the woman's family and ask for her parents blessings to marry their daughter. It is also an occasion for the parents of the woman to get to know the parents of the man.) i told them, not yet. they just took me home. funny thing is that we noticed that no one wants to do the talking. my father is not around, that leaves my mother to entertain them. at last, my mother said the first word. after 15minutes, they ask to leave because its already late. their first meeting went well. im thinking about their first impression with each other...
i sigh..... thinking maybe.....maybe on their next visit....their purpose is the "pamamanhikan" that i'm waiting for...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review